Overnight home care is when overnight carers provide support to an individual during night-time hours. Care needs don’t just stop at night.
Everyone has their own routine and unique set of needs. Whether you require support with supper, medication, or assistance helping your loved one into bed at night, a nighttime carer’s help is always available to you.
Why Would You Benefit from Overnight Care?
Home care is not just for the daytime, we provide 24-hour services to those who need it, so they can feel safer and cared for in their own homes. Overnight care is available for those who may not want or require the full 24 hour care, but it’s a great option for those that need some extra support. Caring for someone is not a 9 to 5 job, we’re here to provide round the clock care, day and night for those whenever they need it.
The main benefits of overnight home care are:
– Providing reassurance and a peace of mind to those who feel vulnerable and anxious about being left alone overnight.
– Prevents the higher risk of falls and hospital visits due to someone being there to keep an eye on them.
– Overnight carers can be there to assist you with toilet breaks, medication, supper and tucking you into bed.
– Overnight home care can also be beneficial to carers, especially if they are a primary caregiver. Having a home service to provide night-time care can give them much-needed respite; find out why respite care is so important. They can have a good night’s sleep knowing their loved one is safe and being looked after.
– Those who suffer from dementia can benefit from this too, if their memory becomes disoriented in the middle of the night, they can wake up distressed. So, this will be ideal for supporting those individuals with any discomfort they may have.
– An overnight carer can make a huge difference to our patient’s ability to function in their daily lives by allowing them to relax easier and maintain a good quality of life in their own home.
How is Overnight Care Different from Home Care?
Overnight home care differs slightly from 24-hour home care. With 24-hour home care, individuals are supported through both the day and night time, this service is typically for those with more complex medical needs.
Whereas night-time carers are available only during night-time hours and can help with evening and morning routines, like breakfast, getting out of bed, brushing teeth etc.
Overnight Care with Verina Daly Care
Through the night any needs will be met, including bathroom visits, bed, or pad changes, providing hot or cold drinks. In addition to companionship, reassurance and providing the ultimate comfort for your loved one.
Our carers will be sure to get to know our clients well and understand their needs so that the client will feel comfortable and trust their service.
At Verina, our overnight home care can be provided from 19:00 pm – 07:00 am, so for a whole 12-hour period, our patients are being looked after during the night.
Seek Overnight Support Today
We’ve seen first-hand how support with even the smallest daily task can drastically improve the quality of our client’s lives. Our team remembers every little detail about your loved one and we provide care for each and every requirement. With a range of support options available, we’re here to help ensure clients can still live their lives to the fullest. View our Facebook to see what a day at Verina Daly Care looks like!
If you’d like to learn how we can support you, please get in touch with a friendly member of the team!